Heather Wellington heads Ngamuru’s Health Advisory team. Drawing on extensive past experience as a medical practitioner, medical administrator, lawyer and company director, Heather offers advice on a wide range of governance, public law, strategic, regulatory and commercial matters. Her clients include government departments, statutory authorities, public and private hospitals, peak bodies, health insurers and non-government organisations in all Australian jurisdictions. Heather is highly regarded as a workshop facilitator.
With more than 30 years’ experience in the Australian health care system, Heather has an unparalleled understanding of the legal, institutional and policy frameworks within which the health care sector operates, and a passion for supporting clients to deliver quality health care.
- Bachelor of Medicine/Bachelor of Surgery (University of Melbourne) (1982)
- Bachelor of Medical Science (University of Melbourne) (1985)
- Bachelor of Health Administration (University of New South Wales) (1990)
- Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Medical Administrators (1991)
- Bachelor of Laws (Deakin University 2000)
- Diploma, Australian Institute of Company Directors (2004)
Get in touch